This feature helps you protect your clouds and keep them compliant with industry regulations and best practices.
We currently offer the cloud hardening feature that allows you to set up a new cloud as per a selected compliance blueprint. The blueprint's recommendations are used to create the new cloud as per the specification of a chosen standard.
Note that cloud hardening can only be applied during creation of a new cloud.
- A blueprint only contains a limited subset of the total number of recommendations within a specific compliance standard relevant to your eligible clouds.
- The blueprint does not address broader architectural build (e.g. connectivity) or processes and systems outside of your eligible clouds;
- The blueprint does not provide a certificate of compliance for the limited recommendations it supports;
- We do not guarantee end-to-end compliance with the industry standard and we do not and cannot assume your compliance obligations under all or any of the industry standards; and
- You remain responsible for your overall compliance with the applicable industry standards.
Coming soon: compliance reporting
Compliance reporting allows you to choose from a variety of blueprints that may be used as a benchmark against which you can test your cloud.
Telstra Cloud Sight will runs hourly compliance tests against the blueprints you've selected on your clouds. Compliance reporting provides you with results of those tests. You can view the results on the Compliance tab on any of your clouds' details pages.
The Compliance tab
The details page for a cloud can be found by clicking on the name of that cloud on the 'Cloud services' page and selecting the Compliance tab.
On the Compliance tab you'll find:
- The Manage dropdown list (alongside the title, 'Compliance') that allows you to
- A dropdown list that allows you to choose the blueprint against which the cloud should be tested. You can choose from:
- Center for Internet Security (CIS) benchmark
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- The enable/disable button next to the blueprint
- Your test score. This shows:
- Percentage of tests passed.
- Number of tests passed
- Number of tests failed
- Failed tests pie chart – failures categorised by severity
- Failed entities bar chart – failures plotted by entity (resources in your cloud environment)
- You can filter by entity category
For additional compliance features, including details of the tests run on your cloud and failure remediation advice, purchase the Telstra Cloud Compliance add-on.