You'll need to be logged in as an Admin or Manager for the cloud you're updating, or a higher layer.
Click on the cloud name on the 'Cloud services' page.
This takes you to the details page for that cloud.
It's from this page that you can:
Create a schedule for this cloud
1. Select Add new schedule from the Manage drop-down list (with cog icon) alongside the 'Power scheduling' title. (Note the Manage drop-down at the top corner, alongside the cloud name is for managing access to the cloud.)
This opens the Add schedule window.
2. Enter a schedule name.
3. Select the recurrence for your schedule from the drop-down box. Choose from:
4. Set start and/or end time.
Note that both start and stop are selected by default. You can deselect one or both. Selecting just start time will mean the schedule remains in a power-on state from the time you set, until further action is taken to turn it off. Selecting only a stop time will mean schedule will stay in a power-off state from the time you set, until action is taken to turn them on.
4.1. If you selected daily recurrence in the previous step you’ll need to:
- Enter start time and/or end time, and select the timezone for each.
The schedule will run daily, starting and/or ending at the times you've set.
4.2. If you selected weekly recurrence you’ll need to:
- Select the day of the week, time and timezone for the schedule to start and/or end
The schedule will run on a weekly basis, beginning at the time, on the day of the week you've set and/or ending at the time, on the day of the week you've set.
4.3. If you selected custom recurrence you’ll need to:
- Enter both start and/or stop details as a cron expression
5. Select Add.
Note that adding a schedule will not, in itself, be useful until you apply it to targeted resources.
Edit a schedule
1. Select Edit from the drop-down menu (three dots on the top right of the schedule, alongside the schedule name. Any menus below are for the targets).
This opens the Edit schedule window.
2. You can now:
- Update the schedule name
- Toggle the schedule from enabled to disabled or vice versa
- Change the recurrence for your schedule
- Toggle start and/or end
- Set new times for both start and/or stop
Please note that when editing a schedule, dates and times will have to be entered as a cron expression.
3. Select Save.