This article provides steps to set up permissions on your AWS cloud so resource tagging can be enabled on Cloud Sight.
The first time you arrive at the Tagging tab of your AWS cloud you'll find steps for giving us permission on you cloud.
You'll need to navigate between Cloud Sight and your AWS Management Console to complete this task.
On Cloud Sight
1. Download the CloudFormation template you need to run on AWS as shown on step 1. Save the file to a known location.
The next steps have to be completed on your AWS Management Console. Please open a new tab on your browser and keep your Cloud Sight tab open.
On your AWS Management Console
2. Log into your AWS management console . Make sure you're logged into the account for the cloud you're enabling permissions on.
3. Click on Services on the header. From the drop down, select CloudFormation.
4. Make sure 'Asia Pacific (Sydney) ap-southeast-2' is selected from the region dropdown (on the header, next to the help icon).
5. Click on the 'Create Stack' button within the CloudFormation console. Select 'With new resources (standard)'.
6. Upload the CloudFormation template you got from Cloud Sight (in step 1) within the 'Specify a template' section.
You can do this by selecting 'Upload a template file' and clicking the 'Choose file' button. Click Next when upload is complete.
7. You'll arrive at the 'Specify stack details' screen. Enter "TelstraCloudSight-Tagging-Stack" as the 'Stack name'.
Under 'Parameters', select those appropriate to you.
For the 'SNSSubscriptionAPIKey' field you'll need to generate a key from Cloud Sight. Switch back to your Cloud Sight tab.
Back on Cloud Sight
8. Generate your SNS subscription API key. The 'Generate key' button can be found under Step 2 of the instructions on your Tagging tab
9. Copy the key and switch back to the AWS Management Console tab on your browser.
Back on your AWS Management Console
10. Paste the key into the 'SNSSubscriptionAPIKey' and hit Next.
11. Keep the default settings for your 'Stack options.' Scroll to the bottom and hit Next.
12. Review the stack settings.
There are two checkboxes at the bottom of the screen with associated text:
- 'I acknowledge that AWS CloudFormation might create IAM resources.'
- 'Template has changed'
Tick both checkboxes and click on Submit.
13. The CloudFormation template will begin deployment. You will see the status as 'CREATE_IN_PROGRESS'.
14. After a minute or two, click the refresh button. You should see the stack deployment status changed to 'CREATE_COMPLETE'.
|Note: If the stack fails to deploy successfully, please review the permissions you've used to deploy resources defined in the template|
14. After the stack has been successfully deployed, go back to Cloud Sight to confirm successful deployment.
And finally on Cloud Sight
15. Tick the checkbox that asks whether you've completed the instructions. Click on the Enable button.