This article provides steps to set up permissions on your AWS cloud so power scheduling can be enabled on Cloud Sight.
The first time you arrive at the Schedules tab of your AWS cloud you'll find steps for giving us permission on you cloud.
You'll need to navigate between Cloud Sight and your AWS Management Console to complete this task.
On Cloud Sight
1. Download the CloudFormation template you need to run on AWS as shown on step 1. Save the file to a known location.
The next steps have to be completed on your AWS Management Console. Please open a new tab on your browser and keep your Cloud Sight tab open.
On your AWS Management Console
2. Log into your AWS management console . Make sure you're logged into the account for the cloud you're enabling permissions on.
3. Search for and click on the CloudFormation service.
4. Make sure the region selected is 'Asia Pacific Sydney ap-southeast-2'.
5. In the CloudFormation console, click on the Create stack button.
6. On the 'Create stack form', under 'Specify template':
6.1. Select Upload a template file.
6.2. Upload the template you downloaded in step 1.
6.3. Click Next.
7. On the 'Specify stack details' screen:
7.1. Enter the name of the stack and follow prompts.
7.2. Click Next.
8. Under 'Configure stack options, add any tags you want to apply and
8.1. Leave all other settings with their default values
8.2. Click Next.
9. Review the ‘Telstra-Cloud-Sight-Setup’ stack configuration.
10. Tick the acknowledgement button at the bottom of the screen ('I acknowledge that AWS CloudFormation might create IAM resources.' )
10.1. Click Submit.
10.2. CloudFormation will begin creating your stack. Your stack status will be 'CREATE_IN_PROGRESS'.
10.3. After a minute or two the stack status should change to 'CREATE_COMPLETE.'
Note: If the stack fails to deploy successfully, please review your permissions that you have to deploy the resources defined in the template.
Switch back to your Cloud Sight tab.
Back on Cloud Sight
11. Confirm successful deployment by clicking on Enable. The label next to 'Power schedules' title should now read 'Enabled.'