Setting up an identity on Telstra Cloud Sight sight is as simple as creating a user and assigning that user access to one of the Cloud Sight management layers.
The user who first registers for Telstra Cloud Sight is assigned the role of Tenancy Owner. The Tenancy Owner, and any subsequent admins can then invite users to a Telstra Cloud Sight tenancy. These users can be edited and deleted. All of this can be done from the Manage users page.
The Manage users page
To get to this page, select Manage users from the drop-down list on the top right (next to your profile name on the Cloud Sight header).
You'll arrive at the Manage users page.
From this page you can:
Invite users and give them access to Cloud Sight
You'll need to be logged in as an admin of the Cloud Sight management layer to which you'd like to add a user.
1. Select the + Invite user button on the top right of the 'Manage users' page. This takes you to the Invite users page.
2. Enter an email address and click on 'Add' to validate the address. You can add up to five email addresses.
3.1 If you've selected a workspace or cloud layer role, you'll need to choose the workspace or cloud you'd like to assign to the user.
That's it! The users will get an email inviting them to join Cloud Sight. They'll only be able to access the layers to which they've been assigned.
You can also add these users to, or remove them from, the various management layers after you've added them via the Manage access pages for each Cloud Sight layer.
The steps below show how to edit a user's details. See our article on adding and removing a user's access to a Cloud Sight management layer for
1. From the 'Manage users' page, select the menu button against the user you want to modify (the three dots on the right of the row), and select Edit.
2. Update the email address and/or name of the user.
The steps below show how to delete a user from Cloud Sight. To find out how to remove a user's access
1. From the 'Manage users' page, select the menu button on the the row of the user you want to modify and select 'Delete'.
2. Select Yes, delete on the dialog box that asks if you’re sure you want to delete this user.