UPDATE: resource level cost breakdown now available
You can now access a resource level breakdown of costs via the Costs tab on your cloud's details page.
Please note that all costs are based on:
- Publicly available information; and
- The fee information for the eligible cloud services that you choose to manage through the Telstra Cloud Sight platform and that may be obtained from your cloud bill or from the third party provider.
- May not be accurate or complete;
- May be in another currency and require you to convert the forecast to Australian dollars, which will introduce variability due to currency fluctuations;
- May not take into account all options and discounts;
- May not take into account the specifics of your agreed pricing with us or third providers (although you may be able to apply mark-ups or mark-downs within the Telstra Cloud Sight platform to adjust the standard pricing); and
- May not reflect the actual price at which you may be able to purchase the cloud service (whether from us or another supplier).
You can find all the cost features and additional functions on the Costs tab of every cloud details page.
Finding costs for a cloud on Telstra Cloud Sight
On each row of a cloud on your 'Cloud services' page (home page) you'll see a 'Costs' section. The two figures under it represent your forecast and actual costs for the current month (for that particular cloud service).
The screenshot above shows you:
- Actual cost – what you’ve spent to-date from the beginning of the month.
- Forecast cost – a prediction of what your total costs would be at the end of the month. This is calculated using the average daily costs to-date, multiplied by the number of days of the current month.
For more information, go the details page for that cloud by clicking on the cloud name, and select the Costs tab.
The Costs tab
Select the Costs tab (if it's not selected by default). Here, you'll find three panels.
- Spend for the month including:
- Current and forecast spend (same figures as described above)
- Budget - the figure on the bottom left of the panel. Select the menu button (three dots to the right of the budget row) to set your budget and get email alerts when costs exceed certain thresholds.
- Chart comparing your costs on this account over the past 12 months.
- An itemised list of your monthly costs. This list now shows a cost breakdown at resource level. The list can be filtered to show costs:
- over a period of 1, 3, 6, or 12 months
- for a particular resource - by using the search function; and
- you can download a report as a CSV file (reports may vary between different cloud services).