UPDATE: bandwidths added!
You can now choose bandwidths of:
Log in as an Admin or Manager at workspace layer or higher.
You'll see any clouds and associated services you've already added on the 'Cloud services' page (home page).
From this page you can
Adding a Cloud connector
You'll need the following to make use of your Cloud Connector.
- A Telstra Next IP® network. If you don't have one, contact us to begin the purchasing process. This could take up to 10 business days.
- A cloud on Cloud Sight. You'll need to have added a new or existing cloud. Adding a new cloud may incur fees. Pricing will depend on your choice of cloud service.
After your Cloud Connector is added to Cloud Sight, you'll need to link it to your Next IP network and one or more clouds. More details can be found in the follow-up steps.
- Additional costs may apply when linking your Cloud Connector to a cloud. e.g. You'll need to purchase an Azure ExpressRoute for linking Cloud Connector to an Azure cloud.
- Currently the Cloud Connector only supports private peering.
Adding your Cloud Connector
1. From the + Add service dropdown on the top right of the page, under the title Add new service, select Cloud Connector. This takes you to the 'Add Cloud Connector' form.
2. Set up your Cloud Connector details.
- Enter a name for the Cloud Connector
- Select a workspace
- Choose a contract term.
3. Allocate bandwidth for your Cloud Connector. This is the bandwidth that you'll split between the clouds you link to your Next IP network.
You can choose from:
Note that you can upgrade your bandwidth allocation at any time but cannot downgrade below your initial selection until the end of the contract term.
4. Complete your purchase
- Review the price. The price displayed will only cover the monthly fees for the bandwidth you've selected and will vary depending on the contract term. Longer contract terms cost less.
See the cloud connector pricing guide for details.
Please note the fees do not include the costs of operating your Next IP network or cloud services.
- Select the Terms and Conditions acknowledgement
- Cloud Sight may detect that you don't have Next IP network, in which case you'll be asked to acknowledge that you still wish to continue purchasing a Cloud Connector.
Please note that a Cloud Connector isn't fully functional until you complete the following:
Editing a Cloud connector
1. On the 'Cloud services' page (home page), click on the name of a Cloud Connector you've already added. You'll arrive at the details page for that Cloud Connector.
2. From the Manage dropdown on the top right (page header), select Edit.
3. You can update
- The Cloud Connector name
- Contract term
4. Tick the terms and Conditions acknowledgement and select Save.
Deleting a Cloud Connector
You must first delete all links to a Cloud Connector before that Cloud Connector can be deleted. Links will have to be deleted in the following order.
Once all the links are deleted, you can delete your Cloud Connector.
1. On the 'Cloud services' page (home page), click on the name of the Cloud Connector you'd like to delete. You'll arrive at the details page for that Cloud Connector.
2. From the Manage dropdown on the top right (page header), select Delete.
This option will only be available after you've deleted any Cloud Links and the Next IP link to your Cloud Connector.
3. Type the word 'Delete' in the text box.
4. Select Yes, delete.