Please note this article applies only to BYO Azure clouds and not Azure from Telstra.
We'll ask you for the 'Service principal object ID' the first time you enable any features on a BYO cloud. Once you've provided us with this ID, you won't need to do this again.
How to find your service principal object ID on the Azure portal
1. Log in to the Azure portal.
2. Type in ‘Azure Active Directory’ in the search bar. You'll find it listed under Services.
3. Select ‘Enterprise applications’ under Manage on the left navigation bar.
4. Select the enterprise application. Your choice depends on the feature you're trying to enable.
- If you're enabling compliance or cost reporting features, select the 'Telstra Cloud Sight' application.
- If you're enabling power scheduling or resource tagging, select the 'Telstra Cloud Sight Contributor' application.
5. Under 'Properties' you'll find the object ID. Copy the ID for use on Cloud Sight.