Please note this article applies only to BYO Azure clouds, and not Azure from Telstra.
You'll need to run an Azure Resource Manager (ARM) template the first time you enable certain features on any particular Azure cloud.
Running the ARM template
1. Download the ARM template from your cloud's details page (you'll find a link to it on the missing permissions error message). Save it in a known location.
2. Log in to the Azure portal.
3. Type in ‘deploy a custom template’ in the search bar. You'll find it listed under Services.
4. Select the ‘Deploy a custom template’ option.
5. Select the ‘Build your own template in the editor' option.
6. Select ‘Load file’
6. Browse to the location where you saved the downloaded template. Then select the downloaded template.
7. Click on ‘Save’
8. Review your template.
If you're enabling resource tagging:
8.1. Copy and paste the account key generated on the Cloud Sight platform (you'll find it on the 'Tagging' tab of your cloud details page - if you haven't yet enabled the feature) into the 'Account Key' parameter.
8.2. If the Cloud Sight Principle ID parameter hasn't been filled, please copy the correct Service Principle Object ID from the Azure portal. See our instructions for finding Service Priciple Object IDs on the Azure portal.
9. Click on ‘Review + create’.
Once you've completed these steps, return to the 'Manage features' page. If an error is still displayed, click the Check status button.
- Click on ‘Create’