This article provides instructions on how to add AWS BYO clouds. If you're looking to add an AWS from Telstra, we have another page for that.
You'll need to be logged in as an Admin or Manager at workspace layer or higher to add a cloud.
Adding a new BYO AWS cloud
1. From the + Add service dropdown on the top right of the page, under the title Add existing service, select AWS.
Please note that you can only add one type of AWS cloud per Cloud Sight tenancy.
e.g. if you add an AWS from Telstra cloud to your tenancy, you may only add more AWS from Telstra type clouds to it. To add BYO AWS clouds to Cloud Sight you'll need to create a separate Cloud Sight tenany.
2. Download and run the CloudFormation template provided on the AWS Management Console. Instructions on how to run the template are here.
3. Set your cloud details
3.1. Enter your AWS account ID and click Verify. The verification will fail if you haven't run the CloudFormation template as per step 1.
3.2. Complete the remaining details by
- Entering a nickname for the cloud. This name will only be used on Cloud Sight.
- Workspace – select a workspace to which you’d like to add this cloud.
4. Read and accept the terms, and select Add.